Search the Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust website
Immunisations and Vaccinations
Our Immunisation Team is responsible for the planning and delivery of all school-based Immunisation programmes across Coventry and Warwickshire according to a schedule agreed with Public Health England.
Each area has its own localised team who are responsible for the delivery of the NHS national campaigns (see the tabs above). They are available to provide expert advice to children, families, other professionals and schools regarding immunisation and vaccination issues and can offer extra support to those children and young people who are worried about receiving a vaccination or who have additional needs.
All of the vaccinations will be delivered in school and parents will be issued an information pack ahead of time. These can also be found on the tabs above. If your child is unwell or absent from school on the day of the immunisation a follow up session or clinic appointments will be offered.
Following the recent School closures, we are going to continue offering community clinics for children who have missed or are due their vaccination at school. You will be sent information via your school.
If your child missed a vaccination this year we are aware of this, and have schedules in place to ensure all children are offered their missed vaccinations:
HPV 1 - Catch up in school September 2020
HPV 2 - Catch up in school from 2021
- DTP/Men ACWY/MMR - Catch up in school from 2021
School-Based Immunisations From September 2020
The team is working closely with schools to be able to offer the required vaccinations. An up to date schedule for the academic year2020-2021 will be added shortly by your local team (see tabs above).
Our school-based immunisation programme includes:
- National Flu Programme: This is offered every autumn to all children from reception up to year 7, and from reception upwards in all of our special educational needs schools
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV): This is a two dose programme (given 6 to 24 months apart) dose 1 is offered to all boys and girls in year 8 of school
- Diphtheria, Tetanus & Polio booster (Td/IPV) and Meningitis ACWY booster injections: Two vaccinations offered to all pupils in Year 9, usually delivered in the spring term
- MMR targeted catch up programme: For children and young people in year 8 and year 9 of school who are known to have an incomplete MMR history, this catch up programme is offered throughout the academic year.
For more information about vaccinations children are offered in school, please click on the links below: