Role of the Trust Board
The Trust Board is responsible for the actions and decisions of the organisation.
The Board comprises executive and non-executive members, and has public meetings on a bi-monthly basis.
The Board's role includes:
- Setting strategic direction in line with national and regional NHS priorities;
- Ensuring the provision of high-quality, effective, and patient-focussed services through clinical governance;
- Ensuring high standards of corporate governance and compliance with statutory duties;
- Monitoring performance against Trust objectives;
- Maintaining financial control and financial planning, as well as ensuring value for money is achieved;
- Promoting engagement with local communities in our areas of practice.
To support the Board a number of committees have been established.
Each of these committees is chaired by a non-executive director. The committees are accountable to the Board for the work they undertake.
These sub-committees are listed below.
- Financial Planning and Investment
- Integrated Performance
- Safety and Quality
- Integrated Workforce
- Remuneration and Terms of Service
There are other committees that have non-executive members, but meet less often. For example:
- Mental Health and Capacity Act Committee.
To find out more, click on the headings below:
Information on Trust Board conflicts of interest and registers of interest have now moved to the Conflicts of Interest page.
The information on the Trust Board's role regarding diversity and inclusion is now available from the Trust Board Members page.
Trust Board Dates
If you would like to attend any of the Trust Board meetings below, please contact the Executive Office on 024 7653 6673.
Please be aware that the Trust Board meetings are currently not open to the public due to the Covid-19 pandemic, in line with national guidance.
Our priority as a Trust is to keep our patients, staff and the public safe and due to this we advise against any unnecessary travel to our Trust.
Upcoming meeting dates:
- 17 November 2020
- 19 January 2021
- 16 March 2021
Previous meeting dates:
- 28 January 2020
- 31 March 2020
- 2 June 2020
- 28 July 2020
- 29 September 2020
Please note that the Trust Board Meeting starts at 09.15am and will not be open to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in line with national guidance.
However, we will be live streaming the meeting for members of the public to observe it taking place. Please send an email to: Trust.Board@covwarkpt.nhs.uk and you will be sent details of how to access the meeting.
If you have any questions in relation to Trust Board business to be considered and addressed where possible at the next meeting to: Trust.Board@covwarkpt.nhs.uk.
Our priority as a Trust is to keep our patients, staff and the public safe and due to this we advise against any unnecessary travel to our Trust. We will advise on future meetings in due course.