- A systematic review of the literature on ethical aspects of transitional care between child- and adult-orientated health services
- Prevalence and clinical characteristics of serum neuronal cell surface antibodies in first-episode psychosis: a case-control study
- Dysglycaemia, Inflammation and Psychosis: Findings From the UK ALSPAC Birth Cohort. https://academic.oup.com/schizophreniabulletin/advance-article/doi/10.1093/schbul/sby040/4964873
- Managing the Link and Strengthening Transition from Child to Adult Mental Health Care: Signorini CAMHS in Europe Supplementary material.pdf [pdf] 591KB, Signorini et al. CAMHS in Europe Lancet Psychiatry 2017.pdf [pdf] 1MB, Singh Tuomainen et al 2017_MILESTONE study protocol paper.pdf [pdf] 2MB, Managing the link and strengthening transition from child to adult mental health Care in Europe (MILESTONE): background, rationale and methodology
- Singh, S. P., & Winsper, C. (2017). Adolescent Mental Health: The Public Health Response. By International Handbook on Adolescent Health and Development (pp. 93-114). Springer International Publishing.
- A prospective, quantitative study of mental health act assessments in England following the 2007 amendments to the 1983 act: did the changes fulfill their promise? Swaran P. Singh, Moli Paul , Helen Parsons, Tom Burns, Peter Tyrer, Seena Fazel, Shoumitro Deb, Zoebia Islam, Jorun Rugkåsa, Ruchika Gajwani, Lavanya Thana and Michael J. Crawford: https://bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com/track/pdf/10.1186/s12888-017-1391-2?site=bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com
- Clinical psychologists training and supervising IAPT therapists to work with long-term conditions and medically unexplained symptoms: A service development project- Julie A. Highfield, Kathy Lowe, Emma Lewis, Rachel Warren, Kate Martin & Elaine Walkett: https://shop.bps.org.uk/publications/clinical-psychology-forum-no-280-april-2016.html
- Tatlow-Golden M, Gavin B, McNamara N, Singh S, Ford T, Paul M, Cullen W, McNicholas F. (2017) Transitioning from child and adolescent mental health services with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in Ireland: Case note review. Early Intervention in Psychiatry. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1751-7893/earlyview Published 10.05.17. DOI: 10 1111/eip 12408
- Sullivan, S. Thompson A., Kouanli, D., Lewis, G., Zammit, S. (2017) The longitudinal association between external locus of control, social cognition and adolescent psychopathology. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology (accepted 25/01/2017). Percentage contribution 40%
- Perry, B. I., & Singh, S. (2017). First-episode psychosis and abnormal glycaemic control–Authors' reply. The Lancet Psychiatry, 4(1), 24.
- Benjamin Perry, Nina Champaneri, Frances Griffiths, Moli Paul, Zoebia Islam, Jorun Rugkasa, Tom Burns, Peter Tyrer, Michael Crawford, Shoumitro Deb and Swaran Singh (2017) Exploring Professionals’ Understanding, Interpretation and Implementation of the “Appropriate Medical Treatment Test” in the 2007 Amendment of the Mental Health Act (1983). British Journal of Psychiatry Open Feb 2017, 3 (1) 57-63; DOI: 10.1192/bjpo.bp.116.003939. http://bjpo.rcpsych.org/content/bjporcpsych/3/1/57.full.pdf
- Stain, H., Mawn, L., Commons, S., Thompson, A. (2017) Research and practice for ultra-high risk for psychosis: A national survey of early intervention in psychosis services in England. Early Intervention in Psychiatry (accepted 06/02/2017). Percentage contribution 40%
- Perry, B.I., Champaneri, N., Griffiths, F., Paul, M., Islam, Z., Rugkåsa, J., Burns, T., Tyrer, P., Crawford, M., Deb, S. and Singh, S.P., 2017. Exploring professionals’ understanding, interpretation and implementation of the ‘appropriate medical treatment test’in the 2007 amendment of the Mental Health Act 1983. British Journal of Psychiatry Open, 3(1), pp.57-63.
- Giulia Signorini, Swaran P. Singh, Vlatka Boricevic Marsanic, Gwen Dieleman, Katarina Dodig ?urkovi?, Tomislav Franic, Suzanne E. Gerritsen, James Griffin, Athanasios Maras, Fiona McNicholas, Lesley O’Hara, Diane Purper-Ouakil, Moli Paul, Ulrike Schulze, Cathy Street, Sabine Tremmery, Helena Tuomainen, Frank Verhulst, Jane Warwick, Giovanni de Girolamo, for the MILESTONE Consortium. (2017) Architecture and functioning of child and adolescent mental health services: a European 28-country survey. The Lancet Psychiatry. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(17)30127-X
- Hartmann, J.A., McGorry, P.D., Schmidt, S.J., Amminger, G.P., Yuen, H-P., Markulev, C., Berger, G.E., Chen, E.Y.H., de Haan, L., Hickie, I., Lavoie, S., McHugh, M.J., Mossaheb, N., Nieman, D., Nordentoft, M., Riecher-Rössler, A., Schäfer, M., Schlögelhofer, M., Smesny, S., Thompson, A., Verma, S.K. Yung, A., Nelson, B. (2017) Opening the Black Box of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in ultra-high risk for psychosis clients: A secondary analysis of the Neurapro study. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics (accepted 15/05/2017).
- An evaluation of Flexible assertive community treatment (FACT) model in specialist psychosis teams.pdf [pdf] 89KB
- Interview study of pregnant women who were provided with indoor air quality measurements of second hand smoke to help them quit smoking.pdf [pdf] 544KB
- Recommendations to support informal carers of people living with motor neurone disease: Recommendations to support informal carers of people living with motor neurone disease.pdf [pdf] 2MB
- Out-of-hours palliative care: what are the educational needs and preferences of general practitioners? Out of hours palliative care - what are the educational needs and preferences of GP's.pdf [pdf] 752KB
Chromosomal microarray testing in adults with intellectual disability presenting with comorbid psychiatric disorder, European Journal of Human Genetics: EJHG 2016, 25 (1): 66-72: http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v25/n1/full/ejhg2016107a.html
An interview study of pregnant women who were provided with indoor air quality measurements of second hand smoke to help them quit smoking. Heather Morgan, Elizabeth Treasure,Mo Tabib,Majella Johnston,Chris Dunkley,Deborah Ritchie,Sean Semple and Steve Turner: https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12884-016-1062-1
- Farooq S, Farooq N, Singh S P (2016) Telling the patients about diagnosis and outcome of Schizophrenia : What, when and How? Editorial in Early Intervention in Psychiatry 2016;10:101-102 DOI:10.1111/eip.12310
- Winsper, C., Tang, K.Y., Lereya, S.T., Gibbs, M., Thompson, A., Singh, S.P. (2016) The sleep phenotype of Borderline Personality Disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Neurosciences and Biobehavioural Reviews. (accepted 09/12/2016). Percentage contribution 20%
- Jenny Whyatt-Sames in December 2016, had a paper published in the International Journal of GLBT Family Studies titled: ‘Being Brave: Negotiating the path of social transition with a transgender child in foster care.’
- Young S, Adamou M, Asherson P, Coghill D, Colley B, Gudjonsson G, Hollis C, McCarthy J, Müller U, Paul M, Pitts M and Arif M (2016) Recommendations for the transition of patients with ADHD from child to adult healthcare services: a consensus statement from the UK adult ADHD network. BMC Psychiatry 16:301. DOI 10.1186/s12888-016-1013-4
- Cotter, J., Lin, A., Drake, R.J., Thompson, A., Nelson, B., McGorry, P., Wood, S.J., Yung, A.R. Long-term employment among people at ultra-high risk for psychosis. Schizophrenia Research (accepted 22/11/2016). Percentage Contribution 20%
- Whale, R., Harris, M., Kavanagh, G., Wickramasinghe, V., Jone, C.I., Marwaha, S., Jethwa, K., Ayadurai, N., Thompson, A. (2016) Effectiveness of Antipsychotics used in first episode psychosis: A naturalistic cohort study. British Journal of Psychiatry Open. 2, 323-329. Percentage contribution 40%
- Thompson, A., Fraser, R., Whale, R. (2015) First episode psychosis: Assessment, diagnosis and rationale for specialist treatment approach. Royal College of Psychiatrists CPD Online module (revised 07/10/16).
- Winsper, C., Lereya, S.T., Marawaha, S., Eyden, J., Thompson, A., Singh, S.P. (2016) The Aetiological and Psychopathological Validity of Borderline Personality Disorder in Youth: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Clinical Psychology Review 57(8), 957-966. Percentage contribution 20%
- Thompson, A., Marwaha, S., Broome, M.R. (2016) “At risk mental state” for psychosis: identification and current treatment approaches. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment 22(3), 186-193. Percentage contribution 80%
- Winsper C, Wolke D, Bryson A, Thompson A, Singh SP (2016) School Mobility during childhood predicts psychotic symptoms in late adolescence J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 57(8):957-66.
- Markulev C, Mcgorry P, Nelson B, Yuen H, Schaefer M, Yung A, Thompson A, Berger G, Mossaheb N, Schlögelhofer M, Smesny S, De Haan L, Riecher-Rössler A, Nordentoft M, Chen E, Verma S, Hickie I, Amminger G (2016) NEURAPRO-E study protocol: a multicentre randomized controlled trial of omega-3 fatty acids and cognitive-behavioural case management for patients at ultra-high risk of schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. Early Intervention in Psychiatry (accepted 02/07/2015). Percentage contribution 20%
- Gee, B., Hodgekins, J., Fowler, D., Marshall, M., Everard, L., Lester, H., Jones, P.B., Amos, T., Singh, S.P., Sharma, V. and Freemantle, N., 2016. The course of negative symptom in first episode psychosis and the relationship with social recovery. Schizophrenia research.
- Thompson, A. Singh, S., Birchwood, M. (2016) Views of early psychosis clinicians on discontinuation of antipsychotic medication following symptom remission in first episode psychosis. Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 10(4), 355-361. Percentage contribution 80%
- O’Connor, K., Nelson, B., Lin, A., Wood, S.J., Yung, A.R., Thompson, A. (2016) Are UHR patients who present with hallucinations alone at lower risk of transition to psychosis? Psychiatry Research, 235, 177-196. Percentage contribution 40%
- Alvarez-Jimenez M., O’Donoghue B., Thompson A., Gleeson JF., Bendall S., Gonzalez-Blanch C., Killackey E., Wunderink L., McGorry PD (2016) Beyond Clinical Remission in First Episode Psychosis: Thoughts on Antipsychotic Maintenance vs. Guided Discontinuation in the Functional Recovery Era. CNS Drugs, 30, 357-368. Percentage contribution 30%
- Thompson, A., Marwaha, S., Nelson, B., Wood, S.J., McGorry, P.D. Yung, A.R., Lin, A.R. (2016) Do affective or dissociative symptoms mediate the association between childhood sexual trauma and transition to psychosis in an ultra-high risk cohort. Psychiatry Research 236, 182-185. Percentage contribution 60%
- Butterworth, S., Singh, S. P., Birchwood, M., Islam, Z., Munro, E. R., Vostanis, P., Paul, M., Khan, A. and Simkiss, D. (2016), Transitioning care-leavers with mental health needs: ‘they set you up to fail!’. Child and Adolescent Mental Health. doi:10.1111/camh.12171
- Amy Smith (ne: Amy Farmer at the time) and Rachel Califano had a paper in ADHD in Practice: ‘Non-violent resistance in practice’ (Spring 2016) Vol 8. No1 pp8-11
- Thompson, A., Fraser, R., Whale, R. (2015) First episode psychosis: Treatment approaches and service delivery Royal College of Psychiatrists CPD Online module (revised 07/10/16).
- Winsper, Catherine, Marwaha, Steven, Lereya, Suzet Tanya, Thompson, Andrew D., Eyden, Julie and Singh, Swaran P.. (2016) A systematic review of the neurobiological underpinnings of borderline personality disorder (BPD) in childhood and adolescence. Reviews in the Neurosciences . ISSN 0334-1763 (In Press)
- Marwaha, S., Thompson, A., Upthegrove, R., Broome, A. (2016) 15 Years on - Early Intervention for a new generation. British Journal of Psychiatry 209, 186 - 188. Impact factor 7.99. Percentage contribution 40%
- Mcgorry P.D., Nelson, B., Markulev, C., Yuen, H.P., Schäfer, M.R., Mossaheb, N., Schlögelhofer, M., Smesny, S., Hickie, I.B., Berger, G., Chen, E.Y.H., de Haan, L., Nieman, D.H., Nordentoft, M., Riecher-Rössler, A., Verma, S., Thompson, A. Yung, A.R. Amminger, G.P. (2016) NEUROPRO: A Multi-Centre RCT of Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids versus Placebo in Young People at Ultra-High Risk of Psychotic Disorders. JAMA Psychiatry 74(1):19-27. Percentage contribution 20%
- Winsper, C., Marwaha, S., Lereya, T., Thompson, A., Eyden, J., Singh, S. (2016) A Systematic Review of the Neurobiological Underpinnings of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) in Childhood and Adolescence. Reviews in the Neurosciences. 27, 827-847. Percentage Contribution 20%.
- Thompson, A., Marwaha, S., Winsper, C., Everard, L., Jones, P.B. Fowler, D., Amos, T., Freemantle, N., Singh, S.P., Marshall, M., Sharma, V., and Birchwood M. (2016) Short-term outcome of first episode diagnosis of substance induced psychotic disorder in a large UK cohort. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 134(4):321-8. Percentage Contribution 80%
- Joyce, K., Thompson, A., Marwaha, S. (2016) Is treatment for bipolar disorder more effective earlier in illness course? A comprehensive literature review. International Journal of Bipolar Disorders. 4:19. Percentage contribution 30%
- Thompson, Andrew D., Marwaha, Steven, Winsper, Catherine, Everard, L., Jones, P., Fowler, D., Amos, T., Freemantle, N., Singh, Swaran P., Marshall, M., Sharma, V. and Birchwood, M. J.. (2016) Short-term outcome of first episode diagnosis of substance induced psychotic disorder : report from the UK National EDEN study. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica . ISSN 0001-690X (In Press)
- Olajide K, Tyrer P, Singh SP, Burns T, Rugkåsa J, Thana L, Paul M, Islam Z and Crawford MJ (2016) Likelihood and predictors of detention in patients with personality disorder compared with other mental disorders: A retrospective, quantitative study of Mental Health Act assessments. Personality and Mental Health, 10(1): 191–204. doi: 10.1002/pmh.1332
Peer reviewed Journal Publications 2015
- O’Donohue, B., Nelson, B., Yuen, H.P. Lane, A., Wood, S., Thompson, A., Lin, A., McGorry, P. Yung, A. (2015) Social environmental risk factors for transition to psychosis in an Ultra-High Risk (UHR) population. Schizophrenia Research, 161(2-3), 150-155. Percentage contribution 20%
- Winsper, C., Marwaha, S., Lereya, S.T., Thompson, A., Eyden, J., Singh, S.P. (2015) The Clinical and Psychosocial Outcomes of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) in Childhood and Adolescence: A Systematic Review. Psychological Medicine 45(11): 2237-51. Percentage contribution 20%
- Thompson, A., Lereya, S.T., Lewis, G., Zammit, S., Fisher, H.L., Wolke, D. (2015) Childhood sleep disturbance and risk of psychotic experiences at 18 in a large UK birth cohort. British Journal of Psychiatry 207(1), 23-29. * Percentage contribution 60%
- Cotter, J., Yung, A.R., Barthlomeusz, C., Allott, K., Papas, A., Nelson, B., Thompson, A. (2016) Examining the association between social cognition and functioning in individuals at ultra-high risk for psychosis. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry (accepted 24/11/2015)
- Marwaha S, Thompson A, Bebbington P, Singh SP, Freeman D, Winsper C, Broome MR. (2015) Adult attention deficit hyperactivity symptoms and psychosis: Epidemiological evidence from a population survey in England. Psychiatry Research. 229(1-2): 49-56. Percentage contribution 30%
- Yung, A.R. Cotter J., Wood S., Mcgorry P., Thompson A., Nelson B., Lin A. (2015) Childhood maltreatment and transition to psychotic disorder independently predict long-term functioning in young people at ultra-high risk for psychosis. Psychological Medicine, 45(16), 3453-3465. Percentage contribution 20%
- O’Donohue, B., Nelson, B., Yuen, H.P. Lane, A., Wood, S., Thompson, A., Lin, A., McGorry, P. Yung, A. (2015) Neighbourhood characteristics and the rate of identification of young people at Ultra-High Risk for Psychosis. Schizophrenia Research, 169(1-3), 214-216. Percentage contribution 20%