Research carried out both within our Trust and in partnership with a wide range of other organisations impacts greatly on services users, NHS clinicians interested in research, and outside groups within our local area, nationally and internationally.
An example of this is that research active staff can showcase the excellent research activity that they undertake, that helps to embed a culture of research and celebrates this innovation, by putting in an application for the Trust’s Annual Quality Research Culture Award. This provides an opportunity for service staff across the Trust to highlight and acknowledge the tremendous Research & Innovation work that they undertake. This activity may be happening behind the scenes, therefore our R&I Department need to be aware of these innovations and involved throughout the research process.
As the impacts of research studies are immense, we continue to develop infrastructure for delivering high quality research throughout our Trust, and some of our Trust research receives international recognition, which is a great achievement for a relatively small team of staff based in the Coventry & Warwickshire region.
If we all work together, we can make an impact on the quality of care our Trust service users receive.
Studies showing impact of research
- Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust deployed Oxehealth’s Digital Care Assistant to improve patient safety in Dementia wards
- Sudden death in psychiatric in-patients and the relationship with psychotropic drugs.pdf [pdf] 647KB
- A systematic review of the literature on ethical aspects of transitional care between child- and adult-orientated health services
- Mapping UK Services for Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).pdf [pdf] 1MB
- Prevalence and clinical characteristics of serum neuronal cell surface antibodies in first-episode psychosis: a case-control study
- Best Food for your Heart Research Study
- Antipsychotic treatment of very late-onset schizophrenia-like psychosis (ATLAS)
- EQUIP: Enhancing the Quality of User Involved Care Planning in Mental Health Services.pdf[pdf] 296KB
- CATCH-US Study: Mapping UK Services for Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.pdf[pdf] 1MB
- Suicidality and Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in Adults with Autism Spectrum Conditions.pdf [pdf] 52KB
- The Mediterranean Portfolio diet in HIV dyslipidaemia: a pilot randomised controlled trial.pdf [pdf] 769KB
- START study.pdf [pdf] 231KB
- Online guided self-help intervention for patients with anorexia nervosa assessed for outpatients treatment.pdf [pdf] 2MB
- OCTET does not prove community treatment orders are ineffective.pdf [pdf] 878KB
- A Comparison of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) versus Traditional Therapy.pdf [pdf] 2MB
- Minocycline Alzheimer’s Disease Efficacy MADE Trial & Next Steps.pdf [pdf] 256KB
- Minocycline Alzheimer’s Disease Efficacy Trial MADE Review of data on 22.6.2016.pdf [pdf] 346KB
- SPL Phase 3 Results Letter.pdf [pdf] 24KB
- Successful VivaGel® Phase 3 results and NDA planned for rBV.pdf [pdf] 424KB
- rBV Additional Figures.pdf [pdf] 399KB
National investigation into suicide in children and young people
- National investigation into suicide in children and young people - End of study report.pdf [pdf] 377KB
- Key messages.pdf [pdf] 1MB
- Infographic.pdf [pdf] 724KB