Coventry Community Dental Service for Health Professionals
The Community Dental Service is a specialised service providing dental treatment for children, adults and older people in Coventry who because of a mental or behavioural impairment or disability, are unable to access general practice dental care.
Our staff have expertise in the care, management and understanding of people with special needs. The provision of this dedicated care is often complex and challenging.
We can offer treatment for people with:
- learning difficulties;
- mental health problems;
- physical disability;
- severe or complex medical problems;
- social/emotional/behavioural problems;
- phobias that are currently undergoing treatment;
- older people who are housebound or in residential care.
NHS dental charges apply as appropriate.
Services we provide are:
- routine dental care for special needs patients;
- mobile dental unit used to serve special need schools and adult centres for people with learning disabilities;
- domiciliary voisits for housebound patients who meet service criteria;
- oral health promotion services;
- general anesthetic referral for patients requiring extractions and who meet service criteria.
A written referral form is required from a health or social care professional. An assessment appointment will then be made to plan treatment as necessary.
Please download the form below and send to:
Community Dental Service
City of Coventry Health Centre
2 Stoney Stanton Road