The aim of the Continence team is to improve the symptoms of any bladder or bowel dysfunction, giving the person back an element of control, and reducing any impact it may be having on their, and their carer's, quality of life.
Patients must be 18 years old or over and registered with a Coventry GP. Patients can be referred to our service by a GP or health professional.
The services we offer include:
- Comprehensive continence assessment for any bladder or bowel dysfunction secondary to a neurological disease, for example stroke, multiple schlerosis or Parkinson's disease;
- Referral to a Urologist or Urogynaecologist for further investigations.
- Specialist nurse-led clinics in Coventry;
- Home visits for people who are housebound;
- A range of treatments, promotion, exercises or management systems;
- Education and support to other healthcare professionals;
- Working closely with the women's health physiotherapy service, and the urology and colorectal services.
Introduction to Bladder & Bowel Education for Healthcare Professionals
Continence Referral Form - Sept 2018.docx [docx] 31KB
Abena Product training 2016 and washable.pdf [pdf] 298KB
Bodystocking Leaflet - BACK.pdf [pdf] 236KB
Bodystocking Leaflet - FRONT.pdf [pdf] 368KB
Bowel Incontinence Diary.docx [docx] 607KB
Carers training with infection control.pdf [pdf] 1MB
Catheter Care Plan.pdf [pdf] 72KB
Combined module June17.pdf [pdf] 2MB
Containment Products, Hints and Tips.pdf [pdf] 637KB
Continuing professional development.pdf [pdf] 221KB
Coventry - Abena Continence Products mail order info.pdf [pdf] 45KB
Pelvic Floor Exercises.pdf [pdf] 57KB
Pelvic floor exercises leaflet.pdf [pdf] 58KB
Product Assessment Checklist_.pdf [pdf] 208KB
Product Pathway.pdf [pdf] 230KB
Shaped Products - The way forward.pdf [pdf] 355KB
Spinal injury bowel training.pdf [pdf] 1MB
Temporary catheter, pathway for patients discharged from hospital.pdf [pdf] 111KB