The aim of the Continence team is to improve the symptoms of any bladder or bowel dysfunction, giving the person back an element of control, and reducing any impact it may be having on their, and their carer's, quality of life.
Patients must be 18 years old or over and registered with a Coventry GP. Patients can be referred to our service by a GP or health professional.
The services we offer include:
- Comprehensive continence assessment for any bladder or bowel dysfunction secondary to a neurological disease, for example stroke, multiple schlerosis or Parkinson's disease;
- Referral to a Urologist or Urogynaecologist for further investigations.
- Specialist nurse-led clinics in Coventry;
- Home visits for people who are housebound;
- A range of treatments, promotion, exercises or management systems;
- Education and support to other healthcare professionals;
- Working closely with the women's health physiotherapy service, and the urology and colorectal services.