Planning and delivery of all school-based immunisation programmes across Coventry and Warwickshire, according to a schedule agreed with Public Health England.
- Address: Various locations across Coventry and Warwickshire,
About this Service
Our Immunisation Team is responsible for the planning and delivery of all school-based Immunisation programmes across Coventry and Warwickshire according to a schedule agreed with Public Health England.
Each area has its own localised team who are responsible for the delivery of the NHS national campaigns (see the tabs above). They are available to provide expert advice to children, families, other professionals and schools regarding immunisation and vaccination issues and can offer extra support to those children and young people who are worried about receiving a vaccination or who have additional needs.
All of the vaccinations will be delivered in school and parents will be issued an information pack ahead of time. These can also be found on the tabs above. If your child is unwell or absent from school on the day of the immunisation a follow up session or clinic appointments will be offered.
Following a period of suspension during the initial phase of our COVID-19 response, we are now offering community clinics for children who have missed their vaccination at school. You will be sent information via your school.
If your child missed a vaccination this year we are aware of this, and have schedules in place to ensure all children are offered their missed vaccinations:
HPV 1 - Catch up in school September 2020
HPV 2 - Catch up in school from 2021
- DTP/Men ACWY/MMR - Catch up in school from 2021
School-Based Immunisations From September 2020
The team is working closely with schools to be able to offer the required vaccinations. An up to date schedule for the academic year2020-2021 will be added shortly by your local team (see tabs above).
Our school-based immunisation programme includes:
- National Flu Programme: This is offered every autumn to all children from reception up to year 7, and from reception upwards in all of our special educational needs schools
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV): This is a two dose programme (given 6 to 24 months apart) dose 1 is offered to all boys and girls in year 8 of school
- Diphtheria, Tetanus & Polio booster (Td/IPV) and Meningitis ACWY booster injections: Two vaccinations offered to all pupils in Year 9, usually delivered in the spring term
- MMR targeted catch up programme: for children and young people in year 8 of school who are known to have an incomplete MMR history, this catch up programme is offered throughout the academic year.
For more information about vaccinations children are offered in school, please click on the links below:
- Immunisations for young people - your questions answered.pdf [pdf] 513KB
- Protecting your child against flu - Information for parents and carers.pdf [pdf] 604KB
- Protecting children during outbreaks - immunisation in schools.pdf [pdf] 489KB
Schedule October – December 2020
Your local immunisation team will be visiting all infant, junior, primary and secondary to offer all children from Reception to Year 7, the nasal Flu vaccination.
The vaccination against flu is annual, which means that even if your child received the vaccine last year they will need to have it again this year.
The annual nasal flu vaccination is now offered to all children as part of their routine vaccination programme. This vaccination is recommended to help protect your child against flu. Flu can be an unpleasant illness and sometimes causes serious complications. Vaccinating your child will also help protect more vulnerable friends and family by preventing the spread of flu. The vaccination is a free, quick and simple spray up the nose.
Hereford, Worcester and Solihull
From 1st September CWPT will no longer be delivering vaccinations programmes for Hereford, Worcester or Solihull. If you need to contact someone to discuss your child’s vaccinations for the Hereford, Worcester or Solihull areas, please call: 02476 761422.
Coventry immunisation team:
Tel: 024 7696 1422
Follow the team on Twitter: @CWPT_Cov_Imms
- Coventry Flu Schedule 2020.docx [docx] 43KB
- Protecting_children_during_outbreaks_.pdf [pdf] 489KB
- Protecting your child against Flu.pdf [pdf] 604KB
- Parent Flu Letter - Coventry.pdf [pdf] 4MB
- Flu post immunisation advice - Coventry.pdf [pdf] 370KB
- HPV post immunisation advice - Coventry.pdf [pdf] 301KB
North Warwickshire immunisation team
South Warwickshire immunisation team
|Tel: 024 76321550
|Tel: 01926 406738
|Meet the teams|
|Useful documents:||Useful documents:|