This service is responsible for the assessment and diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) over the age of two. It works closely with education and other support services in order to support the child to reach their full potential.
- Address: Building 1, Saltisford Office Park, CV34 4UL
About this Service
- 03003031255 for new referrals, current referrals, waiting list for assessments or assessment appointments
- 03003034180 if you have any queries regarding intervention waiting list, intervention appointments or post diagnosis support
Referral Criteria: Professional with parent’s consent
The Warwickshire Preschool Autism Service is a specialist service consisting of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team responsible for the assessment and diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). It works closely with education and other support services in order to support the child to reach their full potential.
Referrals can be accepted if:
- Child is registered with a Warwickshire GP
- Child is over 2 years of age
- Child known to 2 or more of the following services: HV team, SaLT team, Paediatrician, Birth to Three Portage team.
- Parents and professionals querying possible ASD
- Child presenting with significant number of clear clinical features of ASD, see NICE clinical Guidelines
Exclusions to the referral criteria:
- Children attending a Warwickshire pre- school but not registered with a Warwickshire GP.
- Children who are due to start school in September must be referred before 1st April of that year. (i.e if due to start reception year at school in September 2019 the child must be referred before the 1st April 2019)
Referrals can be sent electronically to WarwickshirePreschool.AutismService@covwarkpt.nhs.uk or by post to Warwickshire Preschool Autism Service, Building 1, Saltisford Office Park, Ansell Way, Warwick, CV34 4UL