Information events are being held across Coventry from 14 May to 14 June to celebrate National Smile Month.
The aim of this month is to ultimately improve the UK’s oral health. Organised by the Oral Health Foundation, the campaign hopes to raise awareness of important health issues, and make a positive difference to the oral health of millions.
To celebrate this important month, the Oral Health Team from our Coventry Community Dental Service, will be holding events in early year’s centres, schools, colleges, elderly day care centres and health care centres around Coventry to raise awareness of the importance of good oral health.
Everyone is welcome to pop along to the public events listed below and gain advice on keeping a clean, healthy and pain-free mouth. The team will also be offering information and guidance on NHS dental services across Coventry.
- Wednesday 16 May, 1pm to 3.30pm - Main Foyer, City of Coventry Health Centre, Stoney Stanton Road, Coventry CV1 4FS
- Thursday 24 May, 10am to 2.30pm – Central Library, Smithford Way, Coventry CV1 1FY
- Thursday 31 May, 10am to 12noon and 1.30pm to 2.30pm – 2nd floor, City of Coventry Health Centre, Stoney Stanton Road, Coventry CV1 4FS
Claire Castle-Burrows, Clinical Lead for Coventry Community Dental Services at our Trust, said: “National Smile Month is the UK’s largest and longest-running campaign to promote good oral health. Each year, our dedicated team of oral health promotion specialists, together with thousands of individuals and organisations across the country, organise community events to highlight three key messages, all of which go a long way in helping us develop and maintain a healthy mouth. They are:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with a fluoride toothpaste;
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks;
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.”
You can find information on our Community Oral Health Team and Community Dental Service on the 'Our Service' page.