Coventry Oral Health Promotion Team
The Oral Health Promotion Team is an open-access service. We deliver, educate and promote oral health programmes including:
- visiting educational establishments such as schools and colleges;
- training programmes for carers and professional groups;
- dental health awareness for targeted community groups;
- dental health education for special needs groups/vulnerable people/mental health;
- dental awareness for the older person;
- support for clinical services
- support at public events and campaigns such as National Smile Month, Mouth Cancer Awareness Week, Stop Smoking Day.
We offer tailored mouth care training to the following groups:
- Health Visitors and student Health Visitors
- School Nurses
- District Nurses
- Teaching staff
- Early Years teams
- Care Home staff
- Looked After Children
Each training session is designed according to the area of work. All information and advice that is given is evidence based. Sessions are evaluated to ensure continuous improvement. A certificate of attendance is given at the end of the training.
For further information please contact the Oral Health Promotion Team on 024 7696 1327.