12-week support service to help people stop smoking.
- Base: Paybody Building
- Service Contact: 0300 200 0011
- Service Category: Community
- Client Age: 12 years and over
- Attendance: Appointment
- Referral Criteria: Self referral or health professional
- Address: 2 Stoney Stanton Road, Coventry, CV1 4FS
- Clinic hours: Monday: 1530 - 1900; Wednesday: 1630-1900; Thursday: 1030-1430; Friday: 0900-1230
About this Service
The Healthy Lifestyle Service is here to help you and your family achieve the best possible health. We provide a range of lifestyles services across Coventry in a number of varied and accessible venues, providing FREE support and advice to help you to stop smoking and undergo an NHS Health Check.
Our team of dedicated professionals are here to support you every step of the way towards achieving a much healthier lifestyle through support and advice on reducing your risk of developing conditions and illnesses and, if you smoke, support to help you quit.
The team are also able to sign-post you to other services and provide advice on health matters that can make a significant contribution to your overall wellbeing.
Whether you are a smoker or a smoker using e-cigarettes, if you want to quit, we will help you find the right way for you.
Giving up smoking is not easy but with our support, you are FOUR times more likely to quit for good. You will receive help and advice from a qualified stop smoking adviser and find out about the various products available to help you quit so you can choose what will work best for you.
Your stop smoking journey
Your stop smoking journey will last 12 weeks.
Your first appointment – may be in a clinic, at a Health Centre, your GP surgery or even in your local pharmacy. The first appointment usually lasts around 45 minutes, during which time your advisor will discuss your current smoking habits, your motivation to quit and medicines such as NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) to help you manage your cravings.
Your following appointments – will be weekly up to and including Week 5 and usually last around 15 minutes. Your advisor will take your carbon monoxide (CO) reading. If you are still smoking, we can discuss the reasons why and look at ways to help you quit.
Your fifth appointment – If you have been successful in staying smoke free, you will be given a certificate by way of congratulations.
Your last appointment – will take place 12 weeks after your started the programme and will take the same format as the second appointment. We hope you have been successful in staying smokefree. If yes, then 'Congratulations, you have broken your habit!' If for any reason you have relapsed, you may be able to start again when you want to and feel ready to stop smoking.
Your pocket and your health
- Quitting smoking is the best thing you’ll ever do for your health, your family and your pocket! Find out more...
- Every cigarette you don’t smoke saves you money. Find out how much you can save by quitting with the quick cost calculator.
- Need some more motivation? Read all about people who have successful quit smoking with our service.
- Need extra support this Stoptober, visit the NHS Stoptober website.