Community Dental Services
The Community Dental Service is a specialised service providing dental treatment for children, adults and older people who, because of a mental or behavioural impairment or disability, are unable to access general practice dental care.
Our staff have expertise in the care, management and understanding of people with special needs. The provision of this dedicated care is often complex and challenging.
We can offer treatment for people with:
- learning difficulties
- mental health problems
- physical disability
- severe or complex medical problems
- social/emotional/behavioural problems
- phobias that are currently undergoing treatment
- older people who are housebound or in residential care.
A written referral form is needed from a professional person (health or social services) if a patient is to be seen by the Community Dental Service. An assessment appointment would then be made to plan treatment as necessary.
NHS dental charges apply as appropriate.
For dental referrals contact:
The Community Dental Service
c/o City of Coventry Health Centre
2 Stoney Stanton Road
Dental Service for the Older Person
A domiciliary dental service is available to Coventry residents aged over 65 or over, who due to frailty or ill health are considered housebound and can no longer attened a general dental practice. It is only possible to provide a limited range of dental treatment in the home.
Older people who are still able to visit their local dentist should continue to use this service as it is better to receive treatment in a surgery where possible.
Contact the Coventry Community Dental Service for the older person for more information on 024 7696 1374. A message may be left on this number.
Oral Health Promotion Service
Our Oral Health promotion Team has open access and can offer the following services:
- Public events/campaigns - National Smile Month, Mouth Cancer Awareness Week, Stop Smoking Days etc.
- educational establishments - schools/colleges
- training programmes for carers and professional groups
- dental health awareness for targeted community groups
- dental health education for special needs groups/vulnerable people/mental health
- dental awareness for the older person
- support for clinical services.
Contact the Oral Health Promotion Team on 024 7696 1327.
For further information please contact the Dental Administrator:
Telephone: 02476 961426
Fax: 024 7696 1407