Coventry Stop Smoking Service
Coventry Stop Smoking Service is our FREE advice, information and support programme offered to all smokers who live or work in Coventry, or are registered with a Coventry GP.
FACT: With NHS Stop Smoking support, you are 4 times more likely to quit smoking. For good!
So why quit?
Smoking is the UK’s single greatest cause of preventable illness and death. More than 106,000 people in the UK die from smoking each year.
The benefits of giving up smoking, to you and your family, include health, financial and lifestyle improvements that have a positive affect:
- Your health – quitting will greatly increase your health and wellbeing.
- Your family’s health – children are most affected by second-hand smoke, which contains 4,000 toxic chemicals. Anyone who breathes second-hand smoke is at risk of all the same health-related problems as a smoker
- Your wealth – take whatever you smoke per day and times it by 365. For example: 20 cigarettes per day, at an average of £7.46 per packet, would estimate your spend at £2,722.90 per year!
- Your lifestyle – as well as an improvement in the appearance of your teeth and skin, your general fitness will improve and your home and clothes will smell fresher.
- You will have an improved sense of smell and taste, cleaner lungs and reduced stress and anxiety levels
For further details on the benefits of stopping smoking, please visit the NHS Choices’ website here
How we can help
We can arrange a one-to-one appointment with an advisor, who will work with you to develop an individual plan of action that may include nicotine replacement treatment, which will help support you through working towards your smoke-free life.
For expectant mothers, we also offer a dedicated stop smoking in pregnancy service that is able to offer specialist support for you and your family.
Whether you are ready to quit, just thinking about quitting or ready to try again after a relapse, we are here to help you quit for good!